In my last entry I neglected to mention two key events that took place. One was the sprint triathlon that I completed in June with my mom. If you need a reason to stay in shape this winter, sign up for a triathlon next summer. If you are signed up for a triathlon, you are highly motivated to exercise knowing that in the near future you must cross a finish line in front of a bunch of people. I pushed myself in ways I didn't think possible. I actually became a runner, using a great running program called Couch to 5k. Before I couldn't run for more than two minutes, and now I can run for 30. I implemented my own interval training program for swimming; when I started I couldn't swim more than four lengths without dying, and now I can swim 20. I bought a new fancy bike which I love, and have tried to put it to use commuting and running errands instead of taking my car. The race itself was a blast - it's HARD and there were times when I questioned why I had ever thought this would be a good idea, but overall, I really enjoyed it. It's exhilarating to race against the clock, and no feeling compares to crossing the finish line after you've pushed yourself in ways you didn't think possible before. Everyone within the sound of my voice, I strongly encourage you to try a sprint triathlon! You won't have regrets!
No photographic evidence from this one!
The second event I neglected to mention was the visit of my dear friend Laura, hailing all the way from Hong Kong. I was so happy she came, because a second trip to Hong Kong wasn't in the cards this summer! Our outings mainly involved eating at various locations including Leva Cafe for pizza, Da Capo for gelato, Lagano Skies for Ethiopian cuisine, Original Joes because it was the only place open on a holiday, and the Duchess Bake Shop for delicious desserts. We basically experienced the best of everything this city has to offer gastronomically in less than two weeks. The worst part about friends visiting is that they leave. Miss you Laura!
1 comment:
And I you.
But I'm not doing a sprint triathlon.
Post a Comment